It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you’re not!
Hello Mustang students and parents welcome to the Manitou Springs High School Counselor Corner! Ms. Strupp, Ms. Mandel and Mrs. Perkins are excited for the year ahead! We have tons of programs and information to send your way!
The Manitou Springs High School Counseling Department believes that ALL STUDENTS:
- Have dignity and worth
- Should have their ethnic, cultural and racial differences and needs considered and respected
- Have the right to be served by the counseling program
- Should have access to a school counselor to discuss personal concerns
- Should have access to information about college and career planning
- Have the right to assistance in identifying their needs in the personal/ social area
- Should have the opportunity to make choices, provided they are within the constraints of the educational system
- Should be empowered to monitor their own educational progress with the assistance of a school counselor
As school counselors, we fulfill many roles to promote positive development in academic, college and career, and personal/social areas. We provide:
- Individual counseling
- Small group counseling
- Participate in student success and intervention meetings
- Observe students in various school environments
- Consult and collaborate with parents, teachers, administrators, social workers and students
- Respond to school crises and emergency situations
- Provide information and resources to parents
- Support students in the classroom and extracurricular activities
We are proud to serve the Manitou Springs students, families and community! If you have any questions or concerns, please call or email us, we are more than happy to help!
Meet your counselor:
Ms. Michele Mandel (A-L), Phone: 719.685.2050, [email protected]
Ms. Alisha Strupp (M-Z), Phone: 719.685.2059, [email protected]
Counseling Secretary: Mrs. Meleah Perkins, Phone: 719.685.2067, [email protected]
Students don’t forget you can request to see your counselor via the icon below:
Mrs. Mandel and Mrs. Strupp are here to assist you with your Academic, Career and Personal/Social needs.
We look forward to meeting with you!
Forms and Documents:
2017-2018 Curriculum Handbook *subject to change